Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Vermin Supreme 2016

Today was a BUSY day! It started at 7:30 am with breakfast at the hotel. After eating a nutritious PB&J (and orange juice!!) I (as well as the rest of the class) was headed to Nashua for a Hillary Clinton rally. Even though I'm campaigning for Bernie, I like Hillary and was so stoked to be able to go to a rally of hers. The rally was being held at a local community college and there were SO many people there! The line to get in was insane and it was clear that everyone was pumped up and ready to hear Hillary speak. 
Waiting in line involved taking many pictures (and selfies). 


After waiting in line for a little less than an hour (which was expected considering everyone had to go through a security checkpoint) we finally got in! Everyone inside was decked out in Hillary gear and there was great, energetic music playing. 

It wasn't until about 11:30 when the community college president came out to introduce the New Hampshire governor (which was a really fun surprise!) who got the crowd hyped up for Hillary and Bill (or Billary, as some say). 

At noon Bill Clinton came out and everyone was chanting and clapping- it was so exciting! I had the fortune of seeing the former president before at a Charlie Crist rally I worked in 2014, but I was much closer to the action today!! 
Seeing President Clinton speak was really incredible. I think he's a brilliant speaker and it was great to see his enthusiasm for Hillary. Hillary ended up coming out around 12:15 and the crowd truly went wild (me included). I've never had the opportunity to see her before so this was a real treat!! 
After about 45 minutes (full of cheering and clapping) Hillary finished up and we headed out of the building. Immediately after getting outside I saw a familiar and interesting character- Vermin Supreme. If you're not familiar with him, he's a presidential candidate (on the democratic side) who promises ponies to everyone if he wins. So of course, I had to ask him for a selfie: 
Honestly, he was super nice! 

After letting Vermin get back to his pony-related duties, we were off to the New Hampshire Democratic Party headquarters in Concord. I thought the office was so cool and the chairman spoke to us for a bit about how he got involved with the party. 
After that, we all went off to our internship placements. I got to the Bernie campaign office around 4:30 and just made phone calls until about 8. 
Today was a super fun day, but tomorrow starts even earlier at 6 am so it's time for me to get to bed!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment