Friday, February 5, 2016

S N O W ! ! !

Today it snowed!!! I'm not originally from Florida (I'm from Chicago!) but I was so excited to see/play in the snow because I haven't seen any in years!! 
It snowed pretty consistently all day and I did NOT wear the shoes (or pants... considering I only wore tights) for it. That was okay though because today was my favorite day of the whole trip so far! 

The Bernie people decided to work with the NHDP (New Hampshire Democrat Party) setting up for the 100 club dinner all day. We got to the Verizon Center (where it was being held) at about 8:30 and we went in and started helping set up the tables and section off chairs for different organizations. We got through th set up ahead of schedule and soon enough we were calling an uber to go get lunch at a pizza place (that had vegan cheese!!). It was SO good-- Portland Pie co is what it was called. We hung out there for a few hours because the Secret Service was doing a sweep of the Verizon center. We came back around 3 and it took quite a while for the Secret Service to let us in. However once we got in, that's when it got really fun!! Our job was to help the VIP guests find their seats. We got to meet so many people!!! Congressmen, members of senate, Ben and Jerry even walked in through VIP (they had a light-up Bernie sign, too!). It was so cool to be meeting all of these important people even if it was only for a minute or two. A lot of people I helped were aware of the group of USF students im NH which was cool. 

We worked until 7, when we were given great news- that we would be able to sit at one of the fancy tables on the floor of the arena!! It was awesome!!!! There were so many interesting speakers, the governor, Jeanne Shaheen, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Raymond Buckley, the list goes on!! And of course, when Bernie came out our table was screaming!!! I'm so glad we were able to see Bernie in person! I can't wait for him to come to Florida so I can (hopefully) have another opportunity. 



I also met Alex Sink tonight, too!!! I had never met her before and she was super nice (her accent is amazing). 
Here are some more moments from this amazing day/night- this is me up on stage when we were setting up! Bernie and Hillary stood there later on :) 
And this is the group of Bernie people before we knew they would let us take individual pictures onstage. 

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! I love reading your reports of the day. I had no idea you were at the Center the entire day setting up. What a great opportunity. Thanks to Dr. Judithanne Scourfield McLauchlan for putting this whole thing together for all of you!

    ReplyDelete