Friday, February 5, 2016

Day 4... With The Donald

Yesterday was insane! We didn't end up working on our campaigns but we did a lot of other things! We headed to the State House in Concord to meet with the Secretary of State (of NH) which was really cool!! He talked to us about how the primaries were formed and how they've evolved throughout the years. After that we went and listened to a bit of the NH senate session. One of the senators even went to USF in college! I even met President Obama! (haha) 

After touring the rest of the State House we grabbed some lunch downtown. Then we hurried back to hear the State of the State address in the NH congress. It was cool because it was the Governor's last one (she's running for US senate next year). 


After hearing the State of the State, we headed to Portsmouth for a Trump rally...
I was a bit nervous to attend this, honestly. It was definitely an experience. We were in a VIP section right in front. He was very charismatic and the crowd was basically in love with him. I tried very hard to be polite throughout the whole thing (but I had a few eye rolls that I really couldn't stop). The rally wasn't quite as... problematic as I had expected (maybe he has been advised to shy away from some topics...) which was definitely nice. Plus it's cool to say that I was able to see him in person!


After that memorable event we went to Smuttynose for dinner!!! It was SO good! And also exciting for me because they had vegan options!!! It was nice for us to all be able to get together to have dinner again since our campaigns have been splitting us up since Monday. Hopefully we will be able to do something like this again!!

And here are some more Portsmouth pictures- at the state house they had a huge wall full of candidate material (a lot of it was signed!!)
I loved downtown Portsmouth. I would definitely move here!!


No comments:

Post a Comment