Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Day 3

Today was another big day! It started extremely early when my alarm went off at 5:30 (which honestly is about as late as I go to bed sometimes) which was painful to wake up to. After getting ready we all piled into cars and headed to Bow to see a Marco Rubio town hall.
 
The great thing about this town hall was that we had SEATS (which was truly exciting after having to stand a lot of the day yesterday waiting for Hillary Clinton). Rubio was good- even though we don't really see eye to eye. It was neat because the whole class got to meet him and he seemed happy to see some fellow Floridians!! 
We were really close! 

After we left the town hall (around 9:30 or 10 am) we all headed to the gas station/dunkin donuts which was great because I was starving! 

Once I ate a great lunch of fries and a deli noodle salad, I was headed off with the other Bernie people to the campaign office. We actually ended up at the Manchester field office today and it was amazing!!! There were tons of people there and everyone was super nice and in a great mood- it was infectious! It was a rainy day so I ended up making phone calls all day but I didn't even mind because of the great conversations I was having with other volunteers. Everyone was so friendly and I had such a good time talking to them. I (and another USF Bernie volunteer) even ended up training someone on how to make phone calls!! 
Plus, there were TONS of people from the media in the office today. I was interviewed by someone and I know that other USF students were even interviewed on camera! It was a crazy day and I loved all of it. 

They have so many great posters and artwork I need to get pictures of at this office but there was one I needed to get a picture with today: 


1 comment:

  1. So fasscinating that you have been able to see the different personalities and the manner in which each politician approaches the voters! The energy in each room must be tremendous!!

    ReplyDelete