Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Primary day

Primary Election Day was exciting... Though I caught the sickness that was going around my class so unfortunately I had to duck out early. 
It was an interesting day though! There were so many volunteers that came out that day to help canvas (which by the way, it was FREEZING outside!). I helped with data entry and sorted through canvas packets to prioritize voters so that people who we hadn't talked to yet, or had said they were maybe voting, would be talked to first. 
Then, after a lunch that consisted of major snacking, I started feeling really sick! I got picked up around 4 pm unfortunately because I felt like I just needed to go to bed. 

Thankfully, Bernie won!!!! Everyone on my campaign was so happy and excited. This experience was really incredible and I feel that I've connected with so many amazing people through it. I was originally very concerned about coming on this trip because I didn't know anyone else in the class and I'm a pretty shy person overall. But I absolutely love the people who I worked with and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to get to know them. I already miss them! 




No comments:

Post a Comment